Two questions are frequently asked?
Older Blue White alumni: Can you help get my grandchild into Villanova?
Younger Blue White alumni: Do you have any tips to help pay down my student loans?
At the Blue White Foundation we are constantly looking for ways to improve upon our scholarship program and value that we can add to all the Blue White Alumni. Bringing in a College Coach seemed like a natural fit.
Rich Freccia is a school counselor with over 35 years’ experience working with secondary school students.
After receiving his Master’s Degree from Villanova in Counseling, Rich began his career at Bishop Egan High School in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania in Lower Bucks County. He ended his career in Monmouth County, New Jersey at Allentown High School and in the Freehold Regional High School District. Prior to relocating to New Jersey, Rich worked in the Washington, DC area at Bishop O’Connell High School in Arlington, Virginia and as a Coordinator of College Counseling at Gonzaga College High School in the District.
Here are Rich’s credentials:
- Educational Specialist degree (ED.S) in Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of New Jersey.
- Co-Chair on the Executive Board of the New Jersey Association for College Admission Counseling (NJACAC), an organization of secondary school counselors and college admission officers that promotes ethical standards in the college admission process
- Organizer & Moderator of workshops comprised of college deans and directors of admissions for NJACAC over the last fifteen years discussing contemporary college admission trends and issues.
- Organizer and moderator of workshops on Intercollegiate Athletics and Higher Education for NJACAC.
- Faculty member of NJACAC’s Basic Workshop that trains new professionals in school counseling and college admissions.
- Twice Recipient of the NJACAC Service Award
- Recipient of the Counselor of the County Award in 2008.
- Middle School Baseball Coach for twenty-four years.
So why talk about Rich’s credentials?
Rich has agreed to be a Blue White Consultant for all Blue White Alumni that need his expertise. He will act as an advocate and a resource for students as they navigate the college admission decision making process.
“I pride myself on helping students transition with confidence from secondary school to higher education, and helping them know all their strengths in order to maximize their academic and personal goals. My goal is to form a strong working relation with student and parent(s) in order to find not just the best school but the right school for the student which will afford the student the greatest potential for success.
After meeting with Rich and his wife Maria at the beach as seen in the above picture, The Blue White Scholarship Foundation is proud to offer another tool for the toolbox of life: Private College Counseling by, “ Uncle Rich, The College Coach”.
He will help Junior and Seniors in high school find “The Best College Fit” and also to counsel recent college graduates with career counseling. Rich can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 468-5645.
Next month Rich will give a few $ Financial Aid tips.